Bologna La Grassa, Italy
Set in the heart of northern Italy, Bologna is the perfect base for foodies looking to immerse themselves in the region’s rich history, culture, and of course renowned produce. Towns here lay claim to lasagne and tortellini, Mortadella sausage, Parma ham, Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar. You’re not just here for the food though, as there is beautiful architecture, wonderful old quarters, Romanesque cathedrals and bustling market squares to uncover, while walks through the nearby Apennine hills are ideal for working up an appetite.
- Follow simple trails through the dramatic Apennine hills
- Discover the wonderfully preserved city of Bologna with a local guide
- Let a local guide introduce you to the local cheeses and hams in Parma, with time to taste the produce
- Explore Ravenna and uncover its superb Byzantine art
- Enjoy the market town of Modena and sample varieties of balsamic vinegar, said to originate here